Duncan Phyfe Coffee Table. Buffet Table Flowers. Walnut Sofa Table.
Duncan Phyfe Coffee Table
- Duncan Phyfe (1768-August 16, 1854) was one of nineteenth-century America’s leading furniture makers.
- A popular furniture style in the American Federal period (1783 to mid-19th century), characterized by lyre-shaped motifs and graceful outward curved feet on tables and sofas. Seats often have lyre-back designs, rolled top arms and rails.
- A low table, typically placed in front of a sofa
- (Coffee Tables) While any small and low table can be, and is, called a coffee table, the term is applied particularly to the sets of three or four tables made from about 1790; of which the latter were called 'quartetto tables'.
- low table where magazines can be placed and coffee or cocktails are served
- A coffee table, also called a cocktail table, is a style of long, low table which is designed to be placed in front of a sofa, to support beverages (hence the name), magazines, feet, books (especially coffee table books), and other small items to be used while sitting, such as coasters.
Dining Room Windows
We love our server...it was one of our favorite junk store finds. It is as close to the Duncan Phyfe set of my grandparents that we'd ever seen. Of course, it was smoothed in grime and someone had done their own 'gold leafing' experiment on it. We finally gave up on the refinishing process of it and had it professionally redone. J's plants love these south facing windows
Duncan Phyfe Side Table
$125 (sale price) -c.1940
Dealer #xcor (#4902)
Round Mahogany Duncan Phyffe Table
26" diameter x 28.5" tall
ics: kitchen table with drawer pine table tops dining table with bench round glass coffee tables round pine dining tables console end table table console extensible oak table restaurant
- 16:58 |
- Category: None